How to Load a Configuration File to a Paradigm Architectural Control Processor (P-ACP) via Network
After completing this how-to you will have loaded a configuration to a Paradigm Architectural Control Processor (P-ACP) via the Network from an online Paradigm Central Control Server (P-CCS), or another P-ACP. You may need to load a configuration because a change was made by an ETC Authorized Service Provider, because you have a loaner P-ACP installed from ETC Technical Services, or you had to replace your Compact Flash (CF) card.
This method can only be used when multiple processors that are part of the same Paradigm Project (PCF) are online, or a P-CCS that is part of a Paradigm Server Project (SPCF) is online. Single processor non-Server projects cannot use this method. If you're unsure, consult your Dealer or ETC Technical Services.
First Step - Backing up Existing Config
Begin by backing up any configuration which may be in your processor. Please see our article on saving configurations here: How to Save Config File from a Paradigm Architectural Control Processor (P-ACP).
This step can be skipped if you're loading the configuration to a loaner P-ACP, or if the CF card has been replaced, as either will not have a configuration to backup.
Second Step - Loading the new Config
- Power on the rack housing the P-ACP. Once it finishes booting the display may display several status options, including but not limited to: System OK, Arch Config Failed to Load, Unassigned Processor, Station Offline, etc.
- You may need to manually change the IP address of the P-ACP in order to see other processors online to retrieve from. The IP should be unique, but use the same IP scheme and subnet as the other Paradigm devices.
- Press the check mark button to enter the Main Menu
- Scroll down to File Operations and press the check mark button
- Scroll down to Load Arch Config and press the check mark button
- Select Load from Network and press the check mark button
- The next display will show "Retrieve From" on the top with two options:
- Another P-ACP - choose this option if you want to retrieve from an online P-ACP that is from the same project as the one you are loading to.
- Paradigm Server - choose this option if you want to retrieve from an online P-CCS that is from the same Server project as the one you are loading to.
- No matter which option you choose in Step 7, you will be prompted to Select Project. Select the appropriate project and press the check mark button.
- If you chose Another P-ACP, you should only be presented with one project
- If you chose Paradigm Server, you will be presented with a list of projects to choose from, ranging between 1 to 64 projects in length.
- On the next Select Processor screen, scroll to the processor/P-CCS you'd like to retrieve from and press the check mark button
- Next you will be met with a dialog asking you to "Select which processor(s) you would like to update with this file". Scroll to your choice and press the check mark button
- This processor only will only update the local P-ACP you're interacting with (In most cases this is the option you want to select)
- All project processors will send the configuration to all project P-ACPs.
- The P-ACP will display "Requesting Network Config", followed by "Downloading Config from Network", and then proceed to extract and load the config.
It is normal for the error LED indicator to flash while while loading the configuration. It make take up to a full minute for the configuration to load and function normally.