Why change the IP?
Broadly speaking there is very little reason to change the IP address of a Paradigm Architectural Control Processor (P-ACP). A P-ACP's IP address is assigned in it's configuration file by the Authorized Server Provider who wrote the configuration, in adherence to ETC's standard IP scheme, or another scheme designated by the site's IT department.
It is not recommended that a user arbitrarily decide to change a P-ACP's IP address unless instructed to do so otherwise by your Dealer, or ETC Technical Services. Changing the IP address can result in breaking communication with other Paradigm components or, depending on how the network is configured, all other network devices. There are a few reasons why you may need to do so:
- Installing a replacement or loaner P-ACP
- A P-ACP's CF card has been replaced
- A temporary change as a result of re-architecting the network as a result of upgrades or addition of new devices.
Permanent changes to the IP scheme of your Paradigm system should be coordinated with an ETC Authorized Service Provider, who can make the required changes to the Paradigm configuration, and confirm normal operation of the system after making said changes.
Changing the IP address
If your situation matches one of the scenarios above, follow the instructions below to manually change the IP address of your P-ACP:
- Press the check mark button to enter the Main Menu
- Scroll to Arch Setup and press the check mark button
- Select Assign Processor/IP and press the check mark button
- Scroll to Edit Local Settings and press the check mark button
- Scroll to the field that needs to be edited, and press the check mark button to make edits to that field. Available fields are Processor Number, IP Addressing (Manual/Automatic), IP, Mask, and Gway (Gateway).
- Changing Processor Number is not recommended unless instructed to do so otherwise
- Changing the IP, Mask, or Gway is done per octet. Use the scroll wheel or number pad to change value and then press the check mark button to move to the next octet. Pressing the check mark while the last octet is highlighted moves the selection cursor to the left.
- When all changes have been made, scroll to Apply and exit and press the check mark button.
- After several seconds, the IP settings should update on the display. If the Processor Number was changed, you'll also likely see the P-ACP sync timed events.
- Press the back arrow (<) button repeatedly until you've exited the Main Menu.