Why Save the Config File?
The primary reason for saving a copy of your server configuration file from the Paradigm Central Control Server (P-CCS) is to simply have a backup in the unfortunate event your P-CCS has an issue which requires replacement or a loaner as part of the repair processor. Additionally if you have questions about your system, emailing your config file to ETC Technical Support will help them get you an answer more quickly.
Saving the Config File
To save the server config file you’ll need to access the Web UI of the P-CCS:
- On a computer which is connected to the lighting network, and in the same IP scheme as the other devices, open up an internet browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.)
- In the address bar enter the IP address of your P-CCS, which is 10.101.10.10 by default.
- Click the Menu button in the top left corner of the page, and choose Network from the menu.
- Click the Retrieve Project button at the top-left corner of the screen, and choose where to save the “xxxx.spcf” file on your computer (where xxxx = the file name).
- Keep the file in a safe place and/or attach it to an email for sending.
In the event the P-CCS is inaccessible, but Conductor is still active, you can retrieve a copy of the server from Conductor by following the steps below:
- On a computer which is connected to the lighting network, and in the same IP scheme as the other devices, open up a Windows Explorer (or Finder on a Mac)
- In the address bar enter “\\10.101.50.60” without quotes to access the Conductor’s file server
- 10.101.50.60 is the default IP of Conductor. The IP may be different in your system
- Navigate to the “device_cfg paradigm_backup” folder and copy the “server_project.spcf” file to a safe place on your computer and/or attach it to an email for sending.