A Hog 2 or Hog 3 widget is not working with Hog 4 PC or a Hog 4 console
Description/Explanation of Issue
Hog 2 and 3 widgets need to be upgraded to work with Hog 4.
Sometimes a widget can lose its upgrade, and would need to be upgraded again.
Has the widget been upgraded already?
Only Single DMX Widgets with a serial number beginning with 25 should need an upgrade. Super Widgets or Time Code Widgets for example will not need an upgrade.
Widget Has Not Been Upgraded
- If the Widget has not been upgraded, then an upgrade code would need to be purchased through a High End Dealer.
- The High End Systems part number is 61040051.
- The widget serial number and the widget ID number must be included in the order.
- Serial number - on the bottom of the widget
- Widget ID - Sometimes on the bottom of the widget, can also be seen from the "System info" tab of the Control Panel of Hog 4 PC or console.
- Once the upgrade has been purchased, you will receive a unique authorization code compatible only with the specified widget serial number.
Widget Has Been Upgraded
- If the widget has already been upgraded, Contact High End Systems Technical Service
- A service team member will verify if the widget has been upgraded in the past, if so a new upgrade code will be generated
- Once the upgrade code has been issued,
How To Upgrade A Widget
Connect your USB DMX Widget(s) that match the serial numbers on the included authorization sheet to your Hog 4 OS console or Windows PC running Hog 4 PC.
Press the control panel button in the start screen of the Hog 4 OS. Navigate to the diagnostics tab of the control panel and press the Widget Upgrades button.
The widget upgrade utility wizard will now appear. Press Next to begin.
Select a Widget ID number from the drop down menu. To confirm the identity of the selected widget, press the Beacon button to flash the LEDs on the widget. If the drop down menu displays ‘No DMX Widgets found!’, check your USB connections. Press Next to continue to the next step
- Enter the authorization code for the selected widget and press Next (the authorization code is delivered with the Widget Upgrade Kit). If the code is incorrect an error message will be displayed. Re-enter the proper authorization code. Codes are unique for each USB DMX Widget and will not function unless they match the expected serial number and Widget ID number.
- Once complete, the widget will be fully upgraded. You can now select Upgrade Another to upgrade another widget, or press Finish to exit the application.