Connecting to capture is relatively easy, and there are several ways to connect.
CITP (Does not require hardware, unlimited universes)
sACN (Requires hardware, limited universes from hardware)
- ArtNet (Requires hardware, limited universes from hardware)
Note that CITP requires Hog 4 software version 3.12.0 or newer in order to function. This is the recommended protocol to use. CITP does not require hardware to output data. Hog 4 users can use CITP to previs using Hog 4 PC without any extra hardware, as well as previs on a console that has less output that Capture.
Note that for Artnet or sACN control, there needs to be supporting hardware for the corresponding universes. See How many universes can a Hog 4 console control for universe limitations for ArtNet and sACN.
- Section 28: Visualizer Connectivity
- Capture Live: High End Hog 4 and ChamSys MagicQ Special
- How to connect a Hog 4 console to Capture Visualization software using CITP
- How to connect a Hog 4 console to Capture Visualization software using ArtNet
- How to connect a Hog 4 console to Capture Visualization software using sACN