My Echoflex switch or sensor is not activating lights in the space.
Description/Explanation of Issue
There could be one of many issues in this case, from unlinked devices, lack of power to a device, configuration, or something else.
- Verify power for the devices.
- Do you hear/feel the switch click? It uses kinetic energy from the clicking motion for power.
- Does the sensor have sufficient solar charge? Does it need a battery and does that battery need to be replaced?
- What are the LEDs on the controller showing?
- Can you power cycle the controller circuit in case it is stuck?
- Verify the switch or sensor is linked to the necessary devices.
- Check the power LED Blink Pattern of the controller.
- Try unlinking and relinking the switch or sensor.
- If the controller listens to more than one switch or sensor, is that switch/sensor the only one that is not working?
- If yes, points to an issue with this switch/sensor.
- If no, points to an issue with the controller.
- Make sure the switch/sensor is within appropriate range of the controller(s).
- Installation manuals include guidelines for how to install for best wireless communication.
- This article talks about tips for how to install and orient a device's antenna.
- If the effected controller cannot be in range of the switch/sensor, but there is another controller that is closer, you can enable signal repeating (or hopping).
- Echoflex sensors support several testing modes, which you can reference via their installation manuals or the below articles:
- Echoflex Multi-Button Interface (MBI) and Keycard Switch Station (KSS) Stations also support several testing modes, which you can reference via their installation manuals or the below articles:
- If it is an occupancy sensor not detecting occupancy:
- Verify it's not actually a vacancy sensor, the Resonate Vacancy Sensor (RVS) is vacancy-only.
- Is there also a station? If so, by default the sensor will become vacancy-only.
- For both A and B, you can reconfigure the sensor to detect occupancy using this article (the RVS will also need a battery installed).
- If you have access to Garibaldi and a USB Serial Interface, check in the software for communication.
- Does it show the proper device links?
- Do you see telegrams in the monitor tab from the appropriate devices? What is the reported signal strength of the telegrams?
- Is the configuration of the effected controller(s) correct?
- Does bypassing the controller completely cause the lights to come on?
- If not, there is an issue with the circuit.
- If none of these steps revolves the issue, feel free to contact Technical Services with your findings while in front of the equipment for further troubleshooting.